Sunday, August 16, 2009

Taking the Tube to London Tower and Tower Bridge

The closest Underground station to my hotel in London is Embankment.



I mentioned earlier that the London Subway (Underground / Tube) system is quite complex. I attempt to show this by the map on the wall. I'm sure I'd get it eventually, but for now everything I need to know is all contained on the Yellow 'Circle Line'.










The Tower of London was another spot that I was determined to visit. While I didn't go in, I saw enough from the outside. If I return to London, this is definitely one tour I want to take.
The image you see in the painting is what the Tower looked like 300 years ago.

Next to the Tower of London is Tower Bridge - which also goes by the name of "London Bridge"











Never in my wildest dreams did I think I would walk across "London Bridge"

No comments:

Post a Comment